Awards Handed out to Small Business Champions
Union Leader | Melissa Proulx | May 2, 2017
BEDFORD — A cofounder of a local business working to provide advancements in the medical field earned the designation of Small Business Person of the Year at this year’s Small Business Week award ceremony.
The 27 employees at Celdara Medical, LLC’s three locations — Lebanon; New York, N.Y.; and Washington, D.C. — worked with 200 academic institutions to review prior academic research to see if a new medication can be brought to clinical trial.
“Our business is medicine,” said Dr. Jake Reder, who co-founded Celdara Medical, LLC. in 2008, and currently serves as director and CEO. “...We work collaboratively to bring them from academic stage to the clinic where they can begin to help people.”
He, along with eight others, were honored at the annual award ceremony at the Manchester Country Club on Tuesday.
The event was put on by the NH Bankers Association, along with the NH District Officers of the Small Business Association.
“We’re happy to be able to recognize some of New Hampshire’s finest today,” said Greta Johansson, the NH SBA district director.
The other winners:
• New England Woman Owned Business of the Year: Nicole Carrier and Annette Lee, Throwback Brewery, LLC, of North Hampton.
• New Hampshire and New England Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Quinn Worden, PT United LLC, Of Nashua.
• New Hampshire Exporter of the Year: Jill Aaron, HydroComp Inc. of Durham.
• New Hampshire Woman Owned Small Businesses of the Year: Joyce Goodwin, Granite Start Early Learning Center, Nashua.
• Jeffrey Butland Family Owned Business: Timothy E. Emery, Tim’s Truck Capital and Auto Sales Inc. of Epsom.
• New Hampshire Veteran Owned Business of the Year: Carl Soderberg and Mike Frizzelle, Able Ebenezer Brewing Company LLC, of Merrimack.
• New Hampshire Financial Services Champion of the Year: Steven Hinchee of TD Bank.
• New Hampshire Small Business Champions of the Year: Todd Workman and Marty Parichand of Franklin.